Friday, January 25, 2008

Cajun + new sound adventures...

The craziness continues, not getting much sleep these days! I've been researching pro sound systems to help some friends set up their dance studios, and just yesterday the owner of the local latin dance club asked me to help him improve the sound at Club Soraya - oh boy! They've got a mish-mash of about a wild assortment of varous vintages and sizes of amplifiers, speakers, sound processing devices, a tangle of cabling, etc. Thankfully most of the equipment is high quality so I look forward to making a positive improvement for them. Been studying up on electronic crossovers, bi-amping, frequency coupling, amp loading.....

On top of this, after building and listening to lots of speakers lately, I've become unsatisfied with my normal speaker system in the house, and have decided to purchase a set of full-on professional studio monitors, as accurate as I can afford. Another bloody research project - just what I need!! But I've been wanting to improve the quality of my tango restoration work, and this is the first step in that direction.

We've got a cajun band in town from Louisiana who turned out to have a really hot, sultry bluesy/jazzy/swingy piano sound - can't wait for the blowout dance this Saturday!

Zzzzzzzzzz.....

No comments: